Re: Zimbra mail........

On Fri, Jan 17, 2014 at 4:08 AM, Charlie <ariestao@ipstarmail.com.au> wrote:

        From my Keyboard:

  Just a quick question. Does anyone use Zimbra mail and know something
  about setting it up. Have changed to a new ISP and they us Zimbra
  mail. They set up the default account without too much trouble other
  than I had to use Authentication in claws-mail to send emails.

I set up a second account the same as the default, and it gives me
error messages about authentication:

[09:28:38] POP3< +OK mail.goipstar.com Zimbra POP3 server ready

[09:28:38] POP3> USER snug@ipstarmail.com.au

[09:28:39] POP3< +OK hello snug@ipstarmail.com.au, please enter your
password

[09:28:39] POP3> PASS ********

[09:28:39] POP3< -ERR invalid username/password

*** error occurred on authentication

*** Authentication failed.

I have checked and rechecked the password etc., etc.,

Their techs set up the second account from their end and it still fails?

I tried a simple password for test but it won't allow it?

Anyone know anything about Zimbra mail?

TIA

Charlie

Zimbra offers a great web interface, which I guess your ISP is offering as well ? try the userame /password combination in that first. If that works but POP3 doesnt, then,chances are that your ISP has either Disabled POP3 for this second domain for they have mis configured something.

Regards,
Mihira.