Re: sad but true, Linux sucks, a bit

On 1/17/14, Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@alice-dsl.net> wrote:
> On Fri, 2014-01-17 at 14:29 +0800, Ma Xiaojun wrote:
>> Yet another read: http://www.g4ilo.com/linux.html
>
> So what?
>
> I bought a professional sound card, that should work with Linux, but it
> doesn't, it does perfectly work on Windows XP.
>
> XP isn't a bad OS regarding to some technically things, I anyway won't
> use it.
>
> I want that humans share knowledge! So I use FreeBSD and Linux! For the

Ralph, your principles allow for you to make sacrifices of
convenience, in order that you live your principles (at least to some
degree). This is a rare thing, and an honourable thing. And I am sure
that there are many on this d-u email list who are similar (certainly
am I too of this ilk).

Yes it is very unfortunate for humans that they are predominantly
driven by instant gratification and the $ almighty, and are unwilling
to make much sacrifices of anything, for principle, let alone for
principle that goes beyond themselves or their own short term
interest.

> industry Microsoft and Apple are more interesting, so more hardware will
> run on that platforms. Nobody cares about quality of technology, nobody
> does care about humanity, only money is important.

_Every_ generalisation is _always_ wrong :)  - but in general I agree
with this sentiment.

> Humans stagnate! We made technologically progress all the times, so it
> isn't progress by definition, it's just that one crap becomes the
> successor of other crap. We never made any social progress! Watch the
> news!

Certainly humans have technology, and gadgets, and technological power
(awesome chariots, instant global communication, electrical power at
the flick of a switch) which is way beyond the "standing" (spiritual,
ethical, whatever words are suitable in this spot...) of many or most
humans today.

Best regards,
Zenaan