Re: Dovecot *requires* MySQL?

On Thursday, January 02, 2014 10:04:33 PM Jordan Metzmeier wrote:
> Dovecot does not require mysql. The dovecot-common package
> recommends dovecot-mysql. Apt installs recommended packages by
> default, but they are not required. You can exclude recommended
> packages with --no-install-recommends.

   And to do this without adding the command-line parameter, edit the file
/etc/apt/apt.conf.d/20norecommends putting:

   APT {
      Install-Recommends "false";
   };

into it, and/or use the command

echo 'APT::Install-Recommends "0";' >> /etc/apt/apt.conf

--
American history to be proud of: On Christmas of 1971, Vietnam Veterans
Against the War seized the Statue of Liberty for 48 hours and draped it with a