Re: CIFS mount hangs

Hi,

> <gently>
> This is why some (me) people dislike top posters and prefer to ignore
> them over posters who make the effort to interleave their replies. Not
> only does it require extra work to read the post and put it into context
> - it 'seems' to also encourages posters to *not* read what they are
> replying to. I could be wrong about that - but it coincides with
> occasions when I ask for information that is not supplied after asking.
> That mouse thing moves the cursor ;)
> </gently>

I am sorry...I am not really used to this kind of mailing list
conversation

>>> How does "$ testparm -v" on the new box compare with the same from the
>>> box that did work?

> ??   Did you read that?

Yes I did read that and tried it but it did not give me any usefull
information regarding the problem.

>>> Plus the settings used on the boxes that host the samba resources might
>>> be informative.

> Might be informative?
> I meant "extremely useful"
> Sorry.

>>> Do you have any logs from the other boxes?

Yea well, regarding the logs, I have no idea where a win7 logs access
to shares. And besides the messages I gave, I did not find any
logentries regarding the problem.

I played with the timeout values but it did not work out. As this
share stuff is kinda 'mission-critial' for my work I decided to make a
full turn, setup samba on the vbox guest and access this from the
windows host. This seems to work fine now.

Many thanks for your help and time!

Tobias