Re: Privacy Debian 7

On Lu, 25 nov 13, 16:39:24, praetorien wrote:
> Hello there,
>
> I'm a Windows user, but Microsoft may collect privacy information
> about users witch is not good, so I wonder does Debian 7.2 collect ANY
> information about Users or monitoring?

Aside from the already mentioned popcon (opt-in, defaults to "No") there
may be packages in Debian with the purpose of collecting data about your
system or software (think hardware monitors). One other example not
mentioned yet is the 'reportbug' program.

However, if any such program would send the information "outside"
without prior information *and* consent, this should be treated as a
bug.

Hope this clarifies,
Andrei