Re: Setting up wordpress on wheezy using the debian packages?

On 25/11/13 12:10, Scott Ferguson wrote:
> On 25/11/13 10:13, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
>> Rick Thomas wrote:
>>> Can someone point me at step-by-step instructions for going from
>>>     sudo aptitude install wordpress
>>> on a freshly scrubbed, newly installed Wheezy system to a working
>>> wordpress website on the same machine?
>>>
>>> I've read the README.Debian in /usr/share/doc/wordpress/ and the stuff
>>> in examples/ but they are just hints, I think.

More explanations of the Debianization as shown in the
/usr/share/doc/examples.

<snipped>

>>> Somebody must have done it, I would think -- or what's the point of
>>> having a Debian package in the first place?  If you have, can you
>>> share your recipe?

OK. :)

See https://wiki.debian.org/WordPress

Takes about 5 minutes to set up. (I've only shown the simple single
install, run as www-data method using apache2 and mysql).

<snipped>

> I just installed the Debian package then went to the wp admin page in my
> browser and began using it as you would normally. The debian package
> just does the installation for you.
>

> Kind regards

Just spent 10 minutes with the Wheezy WordPress package.... either it's
not as simple as it used to be or I'd mis-remembered the process in
Squeeze (most likely the latter).

Kind regards