CIFS mount hangs

Dear list,

since my upgrade to wheezy I have a problem with a cifs mount. It is a
share of my windows host. The setup worked fine in debian squeeze.

I mount this in a virtualbox guest via /etc/fstab like this:

//myipadress/data /data cifs uid=33,gid=33,auto,user=myuser,password=mypassword 0    0

Everything seems fine ... until something happens. I have no idea what
exactly :-(

When I try to access the share via ssh-commandline the shell hangs. No
CTRL-C can bring it back to life. When I try to restart apache which
has docroots on the share, the shell hangs.

How do I find out what is going wrong here? I looked in
/var/log/syslog and /var/log/dmesg and found nothing.

Any hints would be great!

TIA

Tobias