Re: CIFS mount hangs

On 26/11/13 21:38, assmann@skygate.de wrote:
> Hi,

<snipped>

>> That mouse thing moves the cursor ;)
>> </gently>
>
> I am sorry...I am not really used to this kind of mailing list
> conversation

No worries.

<snipped>

> Yes I did read that and tried it but it did not give me any usefull
> information regarding the problem.

OK. If the problem was a change in samba settings you would've spotted
it in there.

<snipped>
> I have no idea where a win7 logs access
> to shares.

In Windows 7 Enterprise you can enable Auditing which records info in
the event logs.

Right click the folder (or file) and go properties
go to security tab and click advanced
go to auditing tab and click Edit
Click Add.
Select object type and add objects (be it usernames, groups, everyone or
specific computers). Click OK
Tick the boxes for events you want to record. Click OK
Tick the box to include/replace inheritable entries.
Click OK.OK.OK.

OR use the Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc)
Local Computer Policy > Computer Configuration > Windows Settings >
Security Settings > Local Policies Audit Policy, double click to open
Audit Object Access

Check the event log on a periodic basis.

> And besides the messages I gave, I did not find any
> logentries regarding the problem.

Knowing it's Windoof 7 that you're dealing with is useful.
Home, Enterprise or Premium?
Is is a single machine or a network? Do you know which model they are using?

> I played with the timeout values but it did not work out. As this
> share stuff is kinda 'mission-critial' for my work I decided to make a
> full turn, setup samba on the vbox guest and access this from the
> windows host.

Good move.

> This seems to work fine now.

Excellent.