Re: testing wants to install systemd

On Wed, 2013-11-20 at 21:00 +1100, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
> http://0pointer.de/blog/projects/the-biggest-myths.html

Words from the man who shoots photos from himself in front of a mirror
to post them in the internet (not you Zenaan, I'm taliking about
Lennart ;). My apologize, sure, a "package involving 69 individual
binaries can hardly be called monolithic" and package maintainers can
separate the big blob from upstream to individual packages and who cares
about the fact that it's all binary, we can read and edit the source
code instead of shell scripts.

I'm using systemd for a very long time now, the content of the above
link is complete bogus, since it does ignore the real issues.

However, I won't discuss it again. A transition won't break your system,
but you need to learn how to use systemd and you need to accept that
many things become a PITA. If you like systemd it's ok for me. I dislike
it, but I use it, because a "mafia" made it a new standard for Linux and
not using it is more painful nowadays.

Regards,
Ralf