Re: testing wants to install systemd

On Wed, 2013-11-20 at 11:56 +0100, I wrote ...
> On Wed, 2013-11-20 at 21:00 +1100, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
> > http://0pointer.de/blog/projects/the-biggest-myths.html
>
> Words from the man who shoots photos from himself in front of a mirror
> to post them in the internet (not you Zenaan, I'm taliking about
> Lennart ;). My apologize, sure, a "package involving 69 individual
> binaries can hardly be called monolithic" and package maintainers can
> separate the big blob from upstream to individual packages and who cares
> about the fact that it's all binary, we can read and edit the source
> code instead of shell scripts.
>
> I'm using systemd for a very long time now, the content of the above
> link is complete bogus, since it does ignore the real issues.
>
> However, I won't discuss it again. A transition won't break your system,
> but you need to learn how to use systemd and you need to accept that
> many things become a PITA. If you like systemd it's ok for me. I dislike
> it, but I use it, because a "mafia" made it a new standard for Linux and
> not using it is more painful nowadays.
>
> Regards,
> Ralf

... but it didn't came through the list. A last reply by me regarding to
this thread:

On Wed, 2013-11-20 at 10:42 +0000, James Allsopp wrote:
> From a casual perusal of the lists systemd, seems to be getting a
> reputation as one of the those projects to avoid like pulse-audio and
> mono, but the link you sent sounds more reasonable. Is there a good
> balanced discussion anywhere?

The best thing to do, to build an opinion about advantages and drawbacks
of systemd is to use systemd. Reading other opinions, experiences that
usually are long flame wars, is useless. Install it, use it and
experience it yourself.

2 Cents,
Ralf