Re: Debian Wheezy - HP Pavilion dm1

On 20/10/13 02:15 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

On Sun, 2013-10-20 at 14:00 -0400, Sureyya Sahin wrote:
OK, based on your guidance, I build the package, installed and rebooted

A reboot was unnecessary. There are just a few exceptions, when a reboot
is useful/needed or at least to log out and in again is required.

Each time you reboot, you harm your HDDs.

It's just to convince myself that nothing critical is happening. A few times, I removed some programs and ended up being unable to boot.

I installed back system-config-printers, which asked for installing some more dependencies and I accepted.

I will try to compile hamster and qalculate from sources. If I can't, probably I will reinstall them as well.

Given that I won't be able to use usb devices from gui, is there an alternative to Thunar that I can use to mount and use my devices? I have plenty of space in my root directory. Thus, I wouldn't mind using extra software which would make life easier for me.