Re: Security?

On 9/12/13, Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@alice-dsl.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 2013-09-12 at 14:23 +1000, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
>> Edward Snowden
>
> In the first placed he joint a job for a company that is working for the
> USA government. This company and he are members of the black hat
> community. They do not join the white hat community instead.

Did you read Snowden's interviews and words Ralph?

If you did, or if you understand intention to be whistleblower,
perhaps you then will see clearly (as he says), that Edward Snowden
_PLANNED_ to be a whistleblower. He wanted to show the people, he
already had some insight, and he made a potentially very great
sacrifice for us all!

I hope you see this, because your words for now are showing you do not see.

> Lamenting about the evil laws doesn't make the world a better place.

I agree.

> Idiots could bomb e.g. the L3 node in Frankfurt, sane people simply
> shouldn't work for such companies, shouldn't simply join the black hat
> community.

Do you think this is what Snowden did - "join the black hat community"?

Please, are you saying this, that Snowden joined blackhat community?

And if so, do you say there is any difference between "joining" and
"infiltrating"??

> So again, what we can do is to teach our children not to work
> for such companies, not to join the black hat community.

Teach ethics is good. If you can inspire your children to work for
improving this world, I agree this is worthy of recommendation.

Improving of this world by infiltration and whistleblowing is good
too. Big sacrifice, very scary (I imagine), but good! Thank you Edward
Snowden!

> Using TOR gives a little but protection, but doesn't change the world.
> You should take care about the real issue. People are willing to join
> the black had community, they are willing to work for evil companies,
> that work for e.g. the NSA.

Using TOR is one small step to building connections and networks which
are independent of big companies and big governments.
You should take care about the real issue. People are willing to
create white hat communities, they are willing to work with and for
and to build good companies (of other good people), that work for the
greater good of all humanity and human dignity!

You should take care of these things Ralph!

These are the real issues Ralph!

People are willing!

> On one hand you are lamenting about evil laws and OTOH you refer to the
> good laws. Are you a teenager? Live isn't just black and white. Most
> computer users are not that interested in technology as you and me.
> Unlikely that they will join key signing parties.

You think I was talking to those who have no interest in freedom and
connection with other good people? Are you a teenager? If you can't
resist ... keep calling me names

:)

:)

> The Internet is new for the human race, we need to educate our children
> and our children need to educate their children and so on, this will
> change our societies and make crap, such as the NSA useless and then
> spying will stopp.

Sounds like some positivity, some possible positive outcomes that you
are envisioning. Thank you for sharing your positivity. I like
positivity. I am enthusiastic about ethics and positivity and goodness
and doing small things to make the world a better place (like run a
TOR node, Freenet node, build ethernet link to neighbour, go to
keysigning party, etc :)

Thank you for your positivity. This is wonderful! :)

> Nowadays most people prefer it the way it is, e.g.
> because family members died at 9/11. Those people have also common
> sense, they just have fear and this make them think black and white. You
> are thinking black and white too, you should understand those people.

You seem to have black and white thought that I think black and white!
Oh it's a gold moment ... thank you, I enjoy very much. Gold moments.
Some of best moments this year :)

> Understanding each other will make this world a better place, hardened

I agree. And I agree that human race faces big imbalance of much
technology growth and little emotional growth! I agree with you that
this is a foundational problem. It is a very good wording and
description that you have contributed, thank you.

> fronts have counter-productive effects. You better start being friendly
> to those you don't like, instead of thinking that you are a better human
> and everybody who does think like you.

I am not very good at expressing some things. You express some things
very clearly and I appreciate these things.

I don't think it is good for you to give subtle threat of any kind
Ralph ("you better start" ... or else _ _ is implicated).

I try to use some humour sometimes. I try to use my own inspiration
and enthusiasm other times. Please forgive me if I have upset you or
offended you in any way unnecessary or wrong or due to any
mis-communication. I am non-subtle sometimes like you, but in a
differnet way perhaps. Please forgive.

I have a long way to improve, and although I might be starting to get
good at shell scripting and some other small things, most
professionals will out do me on most computer things (and most other
things I imagine too). There is very few things I excel at, but I try
to make up for this by focus on positive, on ethics, on goodness and
dignity. It is not easy sometimes, and too easy to trip over self.
Perhaps you understand this.

Good will, Ralph,
Zenaan