Re: Security?

On 9/12/13, Slavko <linux@slavino.sk> wrote:

>> Here it's not allowed to steal a car, but if you leave the key in the
>> lock and go away and somebody does steal your car, it's considered as
>> contributory fault.
>
> Yes, and how many people consider stealing the car as normal and not
> as criminal? Don't matter where the car's keys are. Are we still
> talking about decent people? Decent people will not take car, nor
> without keys, nor with keys. It will not break into nothing from
> others. Only criminals nad stupids will do this.
>
> Yes, i can think, that i am something extra, because i am not leaving
> keys int the car. I can think, that is stupid who leave keys in car.
> But it is really right? I was some times in situation, where i had
> casualty people in (or near the) car - thereby i don't take care about
> car's keys, but how quickly provide (or get) help for them only...

Slavko thank you.
Common sense is not so common these days.
It is so refreshing to hear your common sense.

As we can see, the law often "consider as bad" activities (like
leaving keys in car) which are normal sometimes, or just
forgetfulness, and don't consider human dignity but make criminal of
many good people.
There are many contradictions in law in many countries. Contradictions
also in group think and media (intense war/violence/gore is glorified
and is popular 'entertainment' and 'news', but human intimacy/sex is
bogeyman of guilt and shame and popularly 'dirty' (at least in some
countries)).

Back to law: yes "the law is an ass!" (cannot remember who famous made
this quote).
It takes men and women who have courage, to stand for righteousness,
for common sense, for dignity, in the face of bad law, in the face of
group-think or group-hysteria or group-delusion.

We are seeing some rare (for this decades) courageous and ethical
actions with Edward Snowden and Julian Assange. They are joining the
ranks of the very very few in history who stand, in the face of great
challenge/fear/apathy/etc of the "masses" of people. We see smaller
stands with eg Andrew Wilkie (ex-intelligence officer here in
Australia) who became whistle blower a few years ago, no trying to
make a difference in politics.

And many many of us are taking smaller stands for truth, dignity and
ethics. Everything helps. I educate my contacts regularly on "easy"
transition away from proprietary operating systems (get comfortable
with libre applications like firefox, libreoffice, thunderbird, vlc,
then jump to Debian when you are comfortable with all those).

My encouragement to liberty lovers:
- have coffee with people of good spirit, good ethics, in your area,
your country;
- set up small darknets (start with only you and a friend, start
small, learn easy-rsa toolkit, learn openvpn, connect your two
computers);
- then join smaller darknets into bigger darknets;
- set up TOR nodes
- and freenet nodes
- help others who want to see more protection of liberty in our modern times;
- if you are rare one who can travel sometime overseas, go to local
free software groups and:
- do key-signing party to build gpg trust chains.
When you have trust with one person in another country (who has trust
chains in their country), and some have trust chain in your country to
you, then you are like a trust gate-opener to that other country, for
many people!

Good people, connect!

Constructive people, build!

Be persistent! plan for many years of building!

Slow is not bad, only impatience is bad :)

Small beginnings are not bad, only pride and false shame are bad :)

There are so many small things we can all do.
Some quick, some take learning, some take time.

Holding the long thought, the long intention; many years persistence,
like Richard Stallman holds for Free/Libre Software (30+ years now).

Persistence overcomes every limitation of your self, your limitations,
your shame.

Small actions of many (action more important that talk). Keep taking
more steps over the years and we build something good, something of
our own intention, our own will, our own care and energy and
enthusiasm, not the intentions of greedy companies or
dignity-violating NSA organisations.

Peace
Zenaan