Re: Security?

On 9/12/13, Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@alice-dsl.net> wrote:
> iphone 5s fingerprint
>
> The people don't care, they are willing to give them everything.

This is bullshit!

I am one of "the people", I care!

I make a difference - only very small, but I make a difference. Some
people I meet don't care, I say goodbye. Some people care (many libre
software people) I say hello, what can we do/learn/help each other.

> This is
> democracy. I don't own a mobile phone, btw. not regarding to the fear
> that they could track me, I simply don't need it. However, now the
> idiots will give them their fingerprints.

Some people may be idiots. Many are not educated. Many are apathetic,
some feel disempowered and don't know that there is beautiful freedom
for computer phones.

Some people don't care. Some people do. I choose to spend my life
associating with, helping with, and building relationships with people
who care.

Mine is not a hard choice.

> This discussion is about what we don't like, but we are a minority and
> we simply don't need to use all that crap. The majority of people is
> willing to participate, you should respect the wish of the majority.

Your words imply some disrespect was given to some people "majority"
who made a certain choice. I don't agree, or I cannot make sense of
what you are saying.

I choose to be constructive and to reject fatalism.

> To read this mail, the NSA only needs to take a look at the archive,
> they don't need to collect it on their own servers. It's our
> self-responsibility to tale care what we make public. Crime is part the
> world we are living in.

I agree with these points.

> If the NSA wouldn't spy, some other criminals
> would do.

Fatalism again Ralph ("because if we fixed the NSA problem, we would
just get another same problem, so no point to fix"); bullshit!

Your point is probably true - I believe your point is already true
(there are many NSA type agencies) - but worthless point.

Please don't put cold water on efforts by humans for positive change,
for positive result, for positive actions to build a better world!

Ralph, apathy and fatalism are their own problem. I'm sure you should know this.

> Do you put out your piggybank on your doorsteps or do keep it
> in your flat?

If you are 5 year old, may be you put it under apple tree on lawn in
front yard. :)

But seriously, in country areas (not mine, but when I was a child)
nobody locked their doors - front and back doors were open fully all
summer, even night time, to allow breeze through to cool the houses
(we had no air conditioning). Only rarely did children do "bad"
things.

Yes, times change and circumstances change, but this does not mean we
should stop trying to build a better world!

I enthusiastically encourage everyone reading this to hold long years
intention to build better world, to live ethically (by _your personal_
ethics); do not descend into the "tyranny of democracy" (not my
original phrase).

Good luck, peace, good spirit, strong courage and high ethics to you and all,
Zenaan