Re: How to get rid of an entry in grub?

On Sat 31 Aug 2013 at 11:28:53 -0700, David Guntner wrote:

> Well, I guess that's the default configuration.  *I* didn't tell it
> anything. :-)  Remember, I started this with, "I've used lilo all my

Of course you did! Did someone else issue the command 'update-grub'?
What you may mean is that you did not realise the consequences.

> life and know it backwards and forwards and sideways and so on, and now
> I'm stuck with grub which I don't understand at all." lol

I do remember it. I ignored it because it is perenial complaint of
GRUB-challenged users

> So then, the question becomes:  Is there a configuration option
> somewhere that I can use to tell this os-prober thing to *not* probe
> down a particular directory?  I've seen references to being able to just

You are still asking the wrong question. Look at what os-prober does.
Does it probe directories?