Strange libs

Hi folks,

since 3 weeks I got two new directories, which is looking strange for me.
These are /lib64 and /libx32. The second one was created by package
"libc6-x32", but I cannot see the necessary of this libs.

Can someone enlighten me, when and why this was installed? Must have been
during an upgrade. Should I install it again? (I deinstalled the package).

The other one (/lib64) looks unnecessary for me, too, as there is already
/usr/lib64 available. Ok, FHS might be the reason for it. Am I maybe correct?
If not, a short info would be nice.

Thanks for reading this.

Best regards

Hans