Re: How to get rid of an entry in grub?

Hugo Vanwoerkom grabbed a keyboard and wrote:
> David Guntner wrote:
>> Hmmm.....  I wonder if the MBR for the drive sill has a loader on it,
>> even though I removed all partitions and repartitioned it?  Is there a
>> utility out there that can wipe the MBR of a drive without touching the
>> rest of the contents?
>
> There is http://bootinfoscript.sourceforge.net/ also.

Ok, I got that, thanks.  Ran it and it does look like there's a remnant
of the old 6.0 system that lived on that drive at one time.

So, how to *wipe* the MBR for that drive without losing everything on
it? :-)  Is there a way?

'Cause face it, if I get rid of the boot record on the drive, grub won't
see it anymore even without my disabling the probe script. :-)

             --Dave