Re: How to get rid of an entry in grub?

On 08/31/2013 12:23 PM, David Guntner wrote:
I've been using it as a sort of backup type of partition, mounted as /backup (until I have time to install backuppc and get it all configured; I've just been doing an rsync to the drive). Since I was backing up *everything*, I suppose there's a possibility that it saw /backup/boot/[...] and acted on it, thought that seems an odd behavior to me. I'm running the rsync again right now; when it completes I'll run update-grub again and see if it mysteriously adds the extra entry again. Then we'll know for sure. --Dave

My backup regime uses "rsync -avz" as its backbone. Anything I don't want backed up, I address with the "--exclude-from=" option in my backup script, and the "rsync.exclude" file in my user home dir.

Regards,

Jeff

--
hangout: ##b0rked on irc.freenode.net