How to get rid of an entry in grub?

Hello,

I'm running Wheezy.  I used to use lilo for my boot manager.  I liked
it.  Nice simple config file that I could understand. :-)

I gave in a while ago and went with grub (grub2, I expect), since that's
what Debian seems to prefer using and I decided I just didn't want to
fight with the installer. :-)  Now, I haven't got a *clue* how to
configure the frelling thing, so I just let aptitude run it when there's
been an update that requires grub involvement.

I don't boot the system a lot, so I didn't notice an extra entry in the
boot menu until just now when I applied that kernel update that they
sent out a security advisory for.  As I was rebooting the system, I
notice that there was the usual entry for "Linux" and "Linux (recovery
mode)" - all well and good there.  But there was also a duplicate set of
those which mentioned being on /dev/sdb1.  Once upon a time, that drive
did have something bootable (the remnants of an older system), but no
longer - it's been long wiped and repartitioned into a single filesystem
that I use for various things.

I'm guessing that there's a config file entry somewhere that grub is
using, which probably got auto-set up for that drive back when I first
installed Debian from scratch on an empty /dev/sda1 drive, and when the
installer probed the system, it saw the then-bootable partition sitting
on /dev/sdb1.

So my question is, after all that, :-) is where exactly is that
information stored so that I can get rid of the extraneous extra
no-longer-bootable drive?  I know it doesn't hurt anything... well, as
long as I don't try to boot off of it. lol  But I don't like clutter in
the boot menu so I'd prefer to get rid of it if I can.

TIA for any info/help.

              --Dave