Re: Setting up HP LaserJet 1018 on Debian Wheezy

Csanyi Pal <csanyipal@gmail.com> writes:

> Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> writes:

>>> I have uploaded it now, by using hannah-foo2zjs GUI, and later I used
>>> 'sudo getweb 1018' command also.
>>
>> Check it gets loaded into the printer. The final post at
>>
>>    http://foo2zjs.rkkda.com/forum/read.php?9,3553
>>
>> should help. Please also read usb_printerid(1).
>
> # usb_printerid /dev/usb/lp0
> Error: No such device: can't open '/dev/usb/lp0'

I have another problewm with USB ports when booting, I get messages,
like:
usb 1-4: device descriptor read/64, error -110

I find on Google the solution for this: one must power off the PC Box,
unplug the power cable, wait 5 minutes, and boot again.

After this, I get another messages, when run:
# usb_printerid /dev/usb/lp0
Error: Input/output error: GET_DEVICE_ID on '/dev/usb/lp0'

--
Regards from Pal