Re: Setting up HP LaserJet 1018 on Debian Wheezy

On Tue 16 Jul 2013 at 10:02:11 +0200, Csanyi Pal wrote:

[A little snip]

> I have installed cups and can to use it through web interface.
> I added there my printer:

> Location:   Info-17-es teremben nyomtató
> Printer driver:   HP LaserJet 1018 Foomatic/foo2zjs-z1 (recommended) (grayscale, 2-sided printing)
> Connection:  usb://HP/LaserJet%201018?serial=KP26MXP
> Defaults:       job-sheets=none, none media=iso_a4_210x297mm sides=one-sided
>
> I just can't to print with this settings.
>
> Everything works, say Evince send the file to print to the printer, but
> the printer doesn't print it actually.
>
> What is the problem here, and how can I solve it?

Have you ever used the LaserJet 1018 on Squeeze? Did printing work?

You have an unstable install; does printing work there?

The foo2zjs documentation mentions firmware; your printer appears to
require it. Is firmware on the system and loaded to the printer?