Re: OT: How to get Dot files out of the way via shell scripts

Am 17.07.2013 um 06:24 schrieb Doug:

Doggpne! Just when I begin to think my German is not bad, something like this comes along! (It's not the first time. Quite some years ago I was
sent to Germany on business, to Stuttgart.

Schwäbisch, Suabian

Listening to the people in
that area speak among themselves, I could hardly understand a word! But when they spoke to me, ein Fremder, they spoke good German.) Interesting
country!

Most people in German speaking countries grew up with two languages: the local dialect and standard German.

On my first visit to London I also id not understand 90% of the people, because they spoke their local dialect, but I was educated standard "Oxford" English in school.

Helmut Wollmersdorfer