Re: Over 2.5 GB ram problem

On 7/16/2013 6:30 PM, Gary Roach wrote:
> I can't say
> that the memory is absolutely good but can say with a high degree of
> certainty that it is the correct memory for the system.

I gave you the exact JEDEC specs the 4x 1GB DIMMs need to be, and you
didn't respond to that.  Post the part identification number and density
information located on the sticker on each of the 4 DIMMs.

Either the board has a problem or the DIMMs are the problem.  Apparently
the board worked fine for years before you added RAM, correct?  That
makes the DIMMs the likely suspect.

> I am going to try running sysbench on the memory and see if that
> uncovers anything.  I know that it is primarily for bench testing but may
> uncover something.

Sysbench can't tell you why the BIOS doesn't see all of the RAM.  It
might reveal a timing problem, or bad cells, but such issues won't cause
the main problem you have.

--
Stan