Re: OT: How to get Dot files out of the way via shell scripts

On 07/16/2013 09:07 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Wed, 2013-07-17 at 02:42 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>>>
>>> Could some kind person please translate this for me?
>>> (although it looks German to me)
>>
>> It is German.
>>
>> "Moin" is for "Hello".
>> "mitnanner" is for "everyone", from the German words "mit einander", aka
>> "zusammen".
>>
>> So translated it's "Hello everybody!"
>>

>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moin
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Low_German
>
> Oops, I didn't finish the original mail.
>
> "Moin mitnanner!" is Low German for "Guten Tag miteinander!", it became
> common speech at least in the "Ruhrgebiet".
>
>> It's also common to say this in the "Ruhrgebiet" where I'm from.
>>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruhr
>>
>> Regards,
>> Ralf

Doggpne! Just when I begin to think my German is not bad, something like
this comes along!  (It's not the first time. Quite some years ago I was
sent to Germany on business, to Stuttgart. Listening to the people in
that area speak among themselves, I could hardly understand a word! But
when they spoke to me, ein Fremder, they spoke good German.) Interesting
country!

--doug

--
Blessed are the peacemakers..for they shall be shot at from both sides.
--A.M.Greeley