Re: apt-get upgraded kernel, zero bytes download?

Joel Rees:
> On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 9:52 PM, Claudius Hubig <debian_1305@chubig.net>wrote:
>> Jochen Spieker wrote:
>>>
>>> # LANGUAGE=de apt-get update
>>
>> LANGUAGE=C is probably the better choice here, as it is ‘built-in’,
>> i.e. doesn’t require the corresponding locales to be available and is
>> the usual standard with which you will find the best search results.

ACK.

> Yeah, and in my case, the Japanese really is not a problem. I was just
> explaining why I wasn't quoting the standard messages when I asked the
> questions.

My hint was supposed to indicate that setting LANGUAGE is a better way
to post English messages. Quoting them verbatim is always better, no
matter how good your translation is.

J.
--
When standing at the top of beachy head I find the rocks below very
attractive.