Re: apt-get upgraded kernel, zero bytes download?

On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 9:52 PM, Claudius Hubig <debian_1305@chubig.net> wrote:
Dear Jochen,

Jochen Spieker wrote:
> Joel Rees:
> > (My system speaks to me in Japanese, so the messages below are my
> > translations.)
>
> You can prefix commands with something like 'LANGUAGE=en' in order to
> change the language temporarily:
>
> # LANGUAGE=de apt-get update

LANGUAGE=C is probably the better choice here, as it is ‘built-in’,
i.e. doesn’t require the corresponding locales to be available and is
the usual standard with which you will find the best search results.

Yeah, and in my case, the Japanese really is not a problem. I was just explaining why I wasn't quoting the standard messages when I asked the questions.

--
Joel Rees