Install debian from scratch and keep a home partition
As I explained in a previous email I had an issue with the ATI driver
and squeeze and I decided to wipe squeeze and install wheezy. Luckily
the home partition is separated from the rest.
Which would be the best way to proceed?
I was going to do the following:
- Backup home and the files from /etc passwd, group, shadow and gshadow
- Install wheezy (I think it is possible to wipe the partition during
- Remove the home directory
- Mount the old home partition using fstab (using also blkid in order
to use the UUID)
- merge the old passwd, group, shadow and gshadow with the new files
found in /etc