Re: Unexpected results attempting to install Squeeze(6.0.5) to USB flash drive

Curt wrote:
On 2013-04-17, Bob Proulx <bob@proulx.com> wrote:

I booted the installation up in kvm (with -m 1024) (I chose the LXDE
desktop); it's pretty damn snappy even when run inside the virtual
machine. Much snappier than the live isohybrid with LXDE I put on a
usb stick and ran in kvm in the same way.

Curt, I believe you intended that as additional supplemental
information.  But that is where things went into confusion.  The above

Well, I meant it to demonstrate that the installation to the usb stick
was a successful operation, but apparently I sowed confusion.

You did not sow confusion. My ignorance swamped everything. I have no experience with any type of virtulization.

In fact when I I initially read your post I understood it to imply that the flash drive could be transported to any machine. I did a Google search for "kvm qemu" {without quotes}. I browsed the first 50 hits without enlightenment. I reread your post and decided I didn't understand the situation.

made it appear as if you set up a system that needed kvm to *run*.  If
you had said you pulled the usb stick out and booted another system
with it then all would have been clear.

Thank you for the clarification.