Re: Unexpected results attempting to install Squeeze(6.0.5) to USB flash drive

On 04/16/2013 12:46 PM, Richard Owlett wrote:
CAUTION: My goal does *NOT* resemble a normal install

I want to do a full install to a USB flash drive (thumb drive). I am not looking to run the installer ISO from the flash drive. I do not want a "LIVE install" with or without persistence.

Due to constraints of another personal project I first investigated using LILO as bootloader. I made several tries and always ended up in some sort of CLI shell.

If it had happened when you boot, it could be that Lilo in Debian is not configured to shows a list. It gives you 5 seconds before boots.

*QUESTION:* Before I start a futile trouble shooting procedure, is LILO known to work when installed from the Debian 6.0.5 set of DVDs?

Yes, i use it with Stable and Testing; multi-boot and single boot, desktop and servers. it can be installed on every partition's MBR.