Re: Mozilla Firefox ESR for 64bit systems

On Sun, 2013-04-07 at 02:44 -0700, Alan Ianson wrote:
> When you boot your new system you don't (at least I don't) and you
> have to tweak it yourself. Easy enough to do but it's likely different
> than what you have and you will need to read up on how to get it
> going. Hard to do if you don't have another machine.

*nix, not only Arch, that try to stay close to the KISS principle, keep
it simple, stupid! You only need to make a few notes by hand, or print a
few pages of a handbook, resp. use a handbook with a PDF reader.

If you install a *nix by an installer that will do everything
automatically, you need to remove tons of services etc. [1] and if the
installer only provides a minimal system, you need to install services,
X/Wayland etc.. The work theoretically will be equal, in practise it's
less work to install what's missing, than to find out what is installed
and could cause trouble, regarding to the usage.

[1] Sure, you even can install an Ubuntu and keep everything that
automatically was installed. But this would be like using bad medicine,
such as cold medicine, that comes with sedatives and uppers in the same
pill.