Re: Install failed - let's start again, without bogus assumptions, please.

On 2013/3/1 11:54 PM, Richard Hector wrote:
On 02/03/13 17:33, Mark Filipak wrote:
I'm back. When the GRUB install failed I pressed Alt+F4. The Debian
Installer disappeared and I was immediately back to the LWDE desktop. I
tried Alt+F4 there and nothing happened.

Linux has the concept of virtual terminals (VTs).

Ah, yes. Windows had such a switcher addin about 20 years ago. In the case of LWDE, I could see there were multiple windows represented in the status bar at the bottom. I tried switching around but the Debian Installer had really gone away... never to return.

I tried Alt+F4 because someone suggested that as a way to see the GRUB installers error. If you have a suggestion, I'll try it.

Should I try the Debian Installer again and, when the GRUB installer errors out, hit Ctl+Alt+F4?