Re: Install failed - let's start again, without bogus assumptions, please.

Shane Johnson wrote at 2013-03-01 20:53 -0600:
> On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 7:17 PM, Mark Filipak <markfilipak.linux@gmail.com>wrote:
> > During the Debian installation (to USB thumb drive or USB hard drive),
> > when it goes to install GRUB, it fails.
>
> To help further with this, we will need clarification on the error you are
> getting from the grub install.  There are many reasons it can fail and
> without specifics, we can't assist.

Assuming you are using the standard Debian installer in text mode, you
may want to check for more details about the failure by pressing
Alt+F4 (I think it is 4, rather than 2 or 3) immediately after the
installer gives the error (Alt+F1 returns you to the installer).