Re: Thinking about using Debian

On 2/26/2013 3:17 AM, Mark Filipak wrote:
On 2013/2/25 8:30 PM, Jerry Stuckle wrote:

P.S. Please don't top post.  Thanks.

Funny... I belonged to many lists 15 or 20 years ago. All wanted folks
to top post and bitched about bottom-posts. Why? Bottom posts require
scrolling to see that latest reply. Oh well.

Do you read a book from the back forward?  Or a page from the bottom up?

Top posting means one has to scroll down to see what's being responded to, then scroll back up to see the response. Bottom posting is the natural order of reading.

In my experience, a few lists like top posting. Most prefer bottom posting. It's best to look at some postings to see which method the list members wish to use.

P.S. There is no need to CC me.  I watch the list.