Re: Thinking about using Debian

Mark Filipak wrote:
> Jerry Stuckle wrote:
> >P.S. Please don't top post.  Thanks.
>
> Funny... I belonged to many lists 15 or 20 years ago. All wanted
> folks to top post and bitched about bottom-posts. Why? Bottom posts
> require scrolling to see that latest reply. Oh well.

Not top-posting does NOT mean bottom-posting.  Bottom-posting usually
means that the previous message was not trimmed.  It is marginally
better than top-posting however.  The lessor evil.

But what we want is proper quoting.  What is described as "Interleaved
style" in this wikipedia article.

  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style#Placement_of_replies

In any case, trimming any quoted material down to just what you are
replying to is the gold standard.  As I have done here.

Bob