Re: Running jackd.

Good time of the day, Ralf.

Thank You, for Your time and answer. You wrote:

> If jackd runs with no-realtime, then you obviously need to set up your
> Debian to enable realtime. Does PAM work?
> http://jackaudio.org/linux_rt_config

It is just me that turned off RT. Actually it works - it was among the
steps to perform in order to make running at all. Now as things become
clearer, I did turn it on and only play-only mode is still on.

> > BUT! I tried again RoseGarden - it again hanged my system!

Ah, purged it finally from my OS - so no system freezes any more.

> Is hr timer/hpet disabled?
>
> $ lsmod | grep snd_hrtimer

Seems enabled:

snd_hrtimer            12604  1
snd_timer              22917  4 snd_seq,snd_pcm,snd_hrtimer

?

> If it's enabled, then disable it,
> "modprobe -r snd_hrtimer" might not do the job, since
> hr timer is in use.

It seems working now - I suppose it was RoseGarden that made the
disaster. Now it is gone, and LMMS, MusE seems working.

> I recommend to use a kernel-rt or at least a full preempted kernel
> with threadirqs, when doing MIDI work. If you should use external
> synth to play the MIDI events, then you likely have to tune your
> Debian more, to get rid of MIDI jitter. If you use internal synth
> only, there should be no MIDI jitter.

Oh, thank You for the information. Will be doing more tuning when MIDI
keyboard arrives.

Thank You for Your help!

Sthu.