Re: Running jackd.

On Wed, 2013-01-09 at 01:05 +0700, Sthu Deus wrote:
> I did turn off RT

If jackd runs with no-realtime, then you obviously need to set up your
Debian to enable realtime. Does PAM work?
http://jackaudio.org/linux_rt_config

> BUT! I tried again RoseGarden - it again hanged my system!

Is hr timer/hpet disabled?

$ lsmod | grep snd_hrtimer

If it's enabled, then disable it,
"modprobe -r snd_hrtimer" might not do the job, since
hr timer is in use.

Rosegarden and it's fork Openoctave in the past where known not to work
with hr timer enabled.
I'm using Qtractor with hr timer enabled.

I recommend to use a kernel-rt or at least a full preempted kernel with
threadirqs, when doing MIDI work. If you should use external synth to
play the MIDI events, then you likely have to tune your Debian more, to
get rid of MIDI jitter. If you use internal synth only, there should be
no MIDI jitter.

Regards,
Ralf