Re: Running jackd.

On Sun, Jan 06, 2013 at 09:19:31PM +0700, Sthu Deus wrote:
> I have put Your config. files as You described.
>
> Did modify QjackCtl.conf removing line w/
>
> /home/band/headphone_monitor.xml
>
> :o)

You may also want to start qjackctl with its default settings and see
how that goes.  Delete QjackCtl.conf and .jackdrc

> So  I started jackd manually:
>
> $ /usr/bin/jackd -dalsa -dhw:0 -r44100 -p512 -n2

Is this a USB sound device by any chance?  If so, you should use -n3
(according to the man page).  Is it the only sound card in the computer,
or are there multiples?  What soundcard do you have (lspci can tell you,
if it's not a USB device).

-p512 is fairly small, although it works for my M-Audio Delta 1010LT.
Try -p1024 or -p2048.  I don't think that's the cause of your problem,
but it's easy to try.

> jackdmp 1.9.9
> JACK server starting in realtime mode with priority 10
> control device hw:0
> control device hw:0
> audio_reservation_init
> Acquire audio card Audio0
> creating alsa driver ... hw:0|hw:0|512|2|44100|0|0|nomon|swmeter|-|32bit
> control device hw:0
> configuring for 44100Hz, period = 512 frames (11.6 ms), buffer = 2
> periods ALSA: final selected sample format for capture: 32bit integer
> little-endian ALSA: use 2 periods for capture
> ALSA: final selected sample format for playback: 32bit integer
> little-endian ALSA: use 2 periods for playback

These next two lines are what I'd try searching for on the internet:
> JackPosixProcessSync::LockedTimedWait error usec = 5000000 err =
> Connection timed out Driver is not running

> Cannot create new client
> CheckSize error size = -1 Size() = 4
> CheckRead error
> CheckSize error size = 0 Size() = 12
> CheckRead error
> JackPosixProcessSync::LockedTimedWait error usec = 5000000 err =
> Connection timed out Driver is not running
> Cannot create new client
> CheckSize error size = -1 Size() = 4
> CheckRead error
> CheckSize error size = 0 Size() = 12
> CheckRead error

Is pulseaudio running?  I've seen that give problems to some people,
although it didn't affect my usage.  I can use jackd with or without
pulseaudio.

> So, no luck for me. Ardour2 keeps saying of no jackd too:

I guess that makes sense.  Even if there is a jackd process, it
apparently isn't running properly.

-Rob