Re: Running jackd.

Good time of the day, Rob.

Thank You, Rob, for Your time and answer, again. You wrote:

> I understand that you're giving up for now.  If you decide to try
> again, you might want to try connecting to the jack server with
> mplayer like this:
>
> mplayer -ao jack somefile.flac

I have run q-ctl under another user (that never used jack, q-ctl -
before) first that would not start in messages window I see again:

ALSA: use 2 periods for playback
15:36:48.827 Could not connect to JACK server as client. - Overall
operation failed. - Server communication error. Please check the messages window for more info.
JackPosixProcessSync::LockedTimedWait error usec = 5000000 err =
Connection timed out
Driver is not running
Cannot read socket fd = 14 err = Success
Cannot create new client
CheckRes error
JackSocketClientChannel read fail
Cannot open qjackctl client
CheckSize error size = -1 Size() = 4
CheckRead error
CheckSize error size = 0 Size() = 12
CheckRead error
15:36:50.677 JACK is stopping...
Jack main caught signal 15

In the LED-like screen of qjackctl is hangin message Stopping

When I ran mpalyer - it also hangs - does not play (no time going, nor
sound heard).

So, not an easy task for me to run.

Rob, do think I should report a bug against jackd? Or in view of wheezy
freeze nobody will pay attention to it (as it is not a RC bug)?

> If you're using qjackctl, you should be able to see new connections
> made from the mplayer application to the jack server -- if it's
> working correctly, that is.

I have seen ones those - but was not long before that my OS frozen. It
was when I started jackd anew - having removed the config. files.

> Good luck with LMMS.

Thank You! :o)

And thank You for Your great wiliness to help!

Sthu.