Re: Proofreading of Debian documentation - was [Re: Preseeding - keyboard-configuration issue]

Tom H wrote:
> Richard Owlett wrote:
> > Tom H wrote:
> >>
> >> It's a Fedora-ism: special interest group.
> >>
> >> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Category:SIGs
> >
> > Sorry. Term predates Linus Torvalds let alone Fedora ;)
> > IIRC I came across it as an engineering student in the early 60's.
>
> Of course, but within Linux distributions, it's a Fedora thing.

I respectfully disagree.  Special Interest Groups, SIGs, have been
around for a very long time.  Fedora may also use the term and may be
keeping it warm these days but the use of it has been in general
computing for decades.  Many of these are quite well known
conferences.  (Anyone been to a SIGGRAPH lately?)  For example these
and this is just one association.  There are many others too.

  http://www.acm.org/sigs/

Bob