Re: Proofreading of Debian documentation - was [Re: Preseeding - keyboard-configuration issue]

Andrei POPESCU wrote:
On Vi, 14 dec 12, 07:50:29, Richard Owlett wrote:

If by "raising the issue" you mean do the proof-reading yourself and
then report problems, by all means, just go ahead. Or, even better, you
could submit patches.

I see a bug report as treating an individual symptom rather than
solving the underlying problem.

But the underlying problem is lack of manpower. How do you[1] expect to
solve it without getting involved?

[1] and I mean you personally, the Debian Project is already trying to
attract more contributors. See for example the General Resolution to
welcome non-packaging contributors
http://www.debian.org/vote/2010/vote_002

Kind regards,
Andrei

Back in my youth we said "if you're not part of the solution you are (part of) the problem".
We are on the same page with that issue.

I'm making a list of problems using "Debian GNU/Linux Installation Guide". If/when I find the problem is the guide, not myself, I will submit specific bug reports. But in itself that will not prevent other symptoms of the same underlying problem.

The response I had hoped for was on the lines of "there's a SIG for documentation which you can contact at ...".

If one does not exist I've some ideas, but I hate reinventing the wheel if it already exists.