Re: Preseeding - keyboard-configuration issue

Andrei POPESCU wrote:
On Jo, 13 dec 12, 07:29:12, Richard Owlett wrote:
http://www.debian.org/releases/squeeze/example-preseed.txt [among
several other examples] in part gives
</begin quote>

# Keyboard selection.
#d-i console-tools/archs select at
d-i console-keymaps-at/keymap select us
d-i keyboard-configuration/xkb-keymap select us
# Example for a different keyboard architecture
#d-i console-keymaps-usb/keymap select mac-usb-us
What is missing in the preseed.cfg file?
TIA

Maybe not missing, but too much. At least since squeeze console and X
are configured in the same place. On a recent wheezy install I see that
only 'd-i keyboard-configuration/xkb-keymap' is used.

Hope this helps,
Andrei

Thanks for the try. That gave identical result. I took your suggestion one step further and commented out ALL keyboard settings. Got the same result ;/

I think I see a common thread in the preseed related problems I've been having. Who proofreads the Debian documentation? I suspect it tends to be the author {as should happen} and other Debian *EXPERTS* {which is a too narrow classification}. I had that fallacy demonstrated over 40 years ago when I wrote my first test procedure. Corporate policy was to have someone unrelated to the project "test the test procedure" before giving it to the production test technicians. I had unconsciously written into the procedure my particular path of experience. Where should I raise this issue? I occasionally run into the same apparent issue with the debian.org website.