Re: multiarch - please do not force users to change a running system!

> Current Wheezy:
> - i386 packages can be directly installed as Architecture:i386 and
>   directly depend on X:i386 etc. as needed
> - ia32-libs:amd64 is empty and depends on X:i386, Y:i386, Z:i386 to
>   ensure that if you upgrade from Squeeze, all libraries previously
>   found on your system as part of the ia32-libs package are
>   installed, furthermore, packages still depend on ia32-libs of
>   Architecture:amd64 continue to work.

I am running wheezy. So, if I understood, I have these choices

1. stay with the old ia32-libs (which content all 32-bit libs) and set ia32-
libs to hold

2. convert to multiarch, get an empty (transitional) ia32-libs package and get
all needed and new 32-bit-libs from i386.

Ok, I understood. But last question: Does debian make sure, that I get rid
from the old 32-bit libs included in the old ia32-libs package or do I have to
search them manually, to get a clean system, without double 32-bit libs?

> Best,
>
> Claudius

Hans