Re: multiarch - please do not force users to change a running system!

Hello Hans,

"Hans-J. Ullrich" <hans.ullrich@loop.de> wrote:
> Ok, I understood. But last question: Does debian make sure, that I get rid
> from the old 32-bit libs included in the old ia32-libs package or do I have to
> search them manually, to get a clean system, without double 32-bit libs?

If a package is updated, only the files from the new version are left
on the system (modulo configuration files and data files created by
the programm (such as configuration in your ~). These do not apply
here, however).

So, no, you don’t have to search for these libs manually, thanks to a
decent package manager also known as APT :)

Best,

Claudius