sh (was Re: About standards Was: Re: Debian Installer 7.0 Beta4 release)

On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 11:30:20AM +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> Also very nice is the output of
>
> $ ls -l /bin/sh
>
> for Ubuntu it's not bash.

For modern Debian installations it's not bash either. Switching /bin/sh
to dash by default was done principally to make boot times quicker (dash
is smaller and faster to load than bash).

Are you actually running Debian, at the moment? I've seen a few statements
about you running Ubuntu, or Arch, or similar, and I often wonder why you are
posting to debian-user in that case… of course you may be using more than one,
in different places. Just curious.