Re: Sources.list Question

On Wed, 2012-11-21 at 10:52 +0000, Lisi Reisz wrote:
> On Wednesday 21 November 2012 10:39:46 François TOURDE wrote:
> > Le 15665ième jour après Epoch,
> >
> > Ralf Mardorf écrivait:

> > > errare humanum est
> >
> > No error in this case. He hijacked Crypticmofo's message id
> > [🔎] 50AC43A5.3010001@gmail.com as marked on my client (Gnus), and marked on
> > lists.debian.org:
> >
> >   http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2012/11/thrd2.html#00909
> >
> > Maybe gmail uses refs + subject to mark threads.
> >
> > The real problem hijacking threads is that fred question can be deleted
> > because of original thread removal.
> >
> > Lisi, consider change or upgrade your client ;)
>
> Obviously!!  This is the first time, to my knowledge, that it has let me down,
> but one could say once is too often. :-(
>
> I wonder which email client Ralf is using, since he too thought that Fred was
> the OP?  I haven't looked at Gnus.  Perhaps I should?
>
> Gmail doesn't even know what a thread is.  It goes purely by subject.
>
> And yes, hijacking a thread can be very disadvantageous to the hijacker and
> very confusing for everybody else.
>
> Sorry, Chris.
> Lisi

Evolution 3.6.0 and I can't recommend to use Evolution 3.6.0, but this
has nothing to do with the topic.

Regarding to the topic, I don't let Evolution sort by by threads.
If I group by threads, but still sort by something else, e.g. by date,
everything still is ok. If I "hard" select by threads, than Evolution
does show that indeed "Sources.list Question" is "part" of
"Guide/Tools".

A human mistake, to ignore something that's hidden in the headers and
that isn't human readable, something we receive all the times, shouldn't
cause chaos. And indeed, Evolution is able to sort by thread and anyway
keep some order, when not only selecting by thread, but e.g. by thread
and date.