Re: Sources.list Question

On Wednesday 21 November 2012 10:39:46 François TOURDE wrote:
> Le 15665ième jour après Epoch,
>
> Ralf Mardorf écrivait:

> >> Quite.  Exactly.  And Chris said that he hijacked the thread.
> >
> > errare humanum est
>
> No error in this case. He hijacked Crypticmofo's message id
> [🔎] 50AC43A5.3010001@gmail.com as marked on my client (Gnus), and marked on
> lists.debian.org:
>
>   http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2012/11/thrd2.html#00909
>
> Maybe gmail uses refs + subject to mark threads.
>
> The real problem hijacking threads is that fred question can be deleted
> because of original thread removal.
>
> Lisi, consider change or upgrade your client ;)

Obviously!!  This is the first time, to my knowledge, that it has let me down,
but one could say once is too often. :-(

I wonder which email client Ralf is using, since he too thought that Fred was
the OP?  I haven't looked at Gnus.  Perhaps I should?

Gmail doesn't even know what a thread is.  It goes purely by subject.

And yes, hijacking a thread can be very disadvantageous to the hijacker and
very confusing for everybody else.

Sorry, Chris.
Lisi