Re: GRUB location on Dual-Boot with TWO hard drives

On Monday 15 October 2012 20:11:06 Wally Lepore wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 14, 2012 at 5:57 AM, Dom <toyer@rpdom.net> wrote:
> > You might need to install the os-prober package first. Grub2 uses that to
> > identify other OSes on your system.
>
> I haven't installed any pkgs. yet. But will consider that if all else
> fails.

No, Wally.  Not "if all else fails".  As I understand it, you actually need
this package to do what you want to do.  So grit your teeth and do it.  As I
said, I am no expert on GRUB 2, but nor are you.  We just have to take the
advice of those who know.  Incidentally, Legacy GRUB and GRUB 1 are the same
thing.

I know that Lee thinks that I ought to be ashamed of myself for saying it, but
I really do think that you need to grip the bull by the horns, and just do
it.  At the worst, you have to reinstall.  Most of us had to do several
reinstalls during the learning process.  (And are still learning, and still
make mistakes, and still sometimes have to reinstall as being the easiest way
out of the mess.)

So - courage!  What have oyu got to lose?

Lisi
PS It would really be much easier if you just replied to the list, rather than
to the list and to all of us separately.  It makes replying easier.  It is
also what the Debian list askes for in its code of practice.