Re: Why is Nautilus using 38% CPU?

Le lundi 03 septembre 2012 à 17:46 -0500, Mark Allums a écrit :

> Not yet.  I created another user and Nautilus behaved much better when
> logged in as him.  I think there is a synergy between some other
> process/task/thread and Nautilus that is making things worse.  Enabling
> desktop icons seems to contribute to the problem, and I think that the
> networking stack may may flaky somewhere as well.

Desktop icons are handled by Nautilus under Gnome2/3. "Enabling" them
means basically launching nautilus. AFAIK, with the recent development
of Mesa/LLVMPipe/Gallium3D on the one hand and MATE/Cinnamon on the
other hand, Gnome 3 fallback is not really maintained. (Some would
rather say that since Gnome 3 Fallback did not interest anyone, some
workarounds (LLVMPipe) and alternatives (MATE, Cinnamon) were developed.

As a result, even with a newer/improved/fixed Nautilus, I am still not
sure that everything would work as you expect. The desktop handling
capability might well be removed from it eventually.