Re: Why is Nautilus using 38% CPU?

On Sun, 02 Sep 2012 11:04:14 -0500, Mark Allums wrote:

> On 9/2/2012 8:46 AM, Camaleón wrote:
>> On Sat, 01 Sep 2012 19:59:08 -0500, Mark Allums wrote:
>
> Re: Why is Nautilus using 38% CPU?
>>
>>> Is this normal behavior?
>>
>> You mean while system is idle? And it happens continously?
>
> Yes, exactly.
>
> I have a fairly beefy system, so it should be < 1% I would think.

YOu can create a fresh new user and check if the nautilus process runs
stable from there.

>> What GNOME version are you using? Nautilus should be off (not running)
>> since gnome-shell unless you had it configure for handling the desktop
>> or you manually launched it.
>
> The GNOME metapackages all say 3.0, but most of it is 3.4.  It's all
> Wheezy.

Yup, Wheezy has been at 3.4 since time ago.

>>> Is this relevant?: I'm running the 3.5-trunk kernel from experimental.
>>> Running it on assorted VMs with no problem.
>>
>> Hard to tell with the little info you provide :-)
>
> :) I am looking for a starting point.

Well, you can start by saying why there's a nautilus process running in
your session :-)

Then, are you using any extensions for gnome-shell? And what happens when
you login with gnome-classical instead?

Anyway, it seems that Google returns lots of issues like yours (nautilus
taking too many CPU cycles):

http://bit.ly/OeslLY

Greetings,

--