Re: Why is Nautilus using 38% CPU?

On Sat, 01 Sep 2012 19:59:08 -0500, Mark Allums wrote:

> Is this normal behavior?

You mean while system is idle? And it happens continously?

What GNOME version are you using? Nautilus should be off (not running)
since gnome-shell unless you had it configure for handling the desktop or
you manually launched it.

> Is this relevant?: I'm running the 3.5-trunk kernel from experimental.
> Running it on assorted VMs with no problem.

Hard to tell with the little info you provide :-)

- In my Lenny (GNOME 2), nautilus takes 0-1% of CPU.

- In my Wheezy (GNOME 3+gnome-shell with the file manager handling the
desktop) it takes a bit more, around 5-8% with peaks reaching 18% of the
CPU.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón